Welcome =) Enjoy yourself ! ^^

What Time Is It ? ^^

4th September 2007

Screams of Horror

3rd December 2008

Guilty Island

10th December 2008

It's just so laughable

12th December 2008

Olympic Run Day 2008

Posted by BenNike Saturday, June 28, 2008

Its already 5 a.m !!
*Phone rings*
I was enjoying a wonderful and sweet dream and I couldn't bring any effort in waking myself up. Snooze was my only option. A moment later, my nerve impulses send the information to my gray matter stating that today is The Olympic Run Day located at Dataran Merdeka, Kuala Lumpur.

Upon knowing that, I stared the high and gloomy ceiling, and pondered myself, asking "why am I doing this ?" Neither the sun’s rays nor the darkness of the night could arouse me from my slumber. I could have followed the majority that are now living in their own fantasies taking a nice and long nap. But No, due to many factors, I contemplated to go for the run. With that, I brought myself together, separating from my beloved pillows and comfortable bolster. It’s a quarter past 5 and without delay, I head to the main bathroom, feeling groggy to wash myself off.

Meanwhile, my inner voice was telling me “I’m sleepy, just skip the run and go to sleep.”

Just when I was considering to head back to sleep, my alarm rang again with a note stating that I have to be at Hon Weng’s house by 5.50 a.m. I swivel my head to the right and took a quick glimpse at the clock. It’s already half past 5 !

I stared at the blue rounded clock, dumbfounded. As I know 'time and tide waits for no man', I instantaneously rush to my room and changed my attire. Not paying attention to any distraction around me, such as my computer, I put on my contact lens and ran down the stairs. My dad was already starting the engine in his metallic red, Satria Neo.



Time flew and I managed to reach his house by 5.55 a.m. Feeling relieved, I thank God and wish my dad farewell and have a safe journey back home. From then on, Hon Weng’s dad fetched 2 more passenger, Sen Chong and Lee Yen, and head straight to Dataran Merdeka as time was not on our side.

Reaching there, we registered ourselves and stumbled upon Peng Han together with Sai Cheong and Andrew. We signal our arrival to them and they gave a languid wave of their hand. How tired they were, as their face clearly shows a fatigued and weary image. 5 minutes later, we met up with Jessica Tee and jog around the field to warm up.



The race started and to simplify the story, I finished the race in less than 45 minutes, defeating Jessica Tee, Lee Yen, Sai Cheong, Andrew, Hong Weng, Shun Hong =p and lost to a one or 2 of my friends. Feeling pleased yet exhausted and worn out, I went straight to the refreshment area to quench my thirst. After a 30 minutes of cooling down, everyone went their separate ways and I followed Hong Weng back home.

It was an enjoyable and pleasant experience for me. With that said, I muttered to myself, “Thank God I woke up and went for the run.”

-BeN




0 comments